Welcome to The Working Bank®
CANADIAN WESTERN BANK (CWB) is the largest publicly traded Canadian bank headquartered in Western Canada. We offer all the services you would expect, like business banking, personal banking and the opportunity to invest for your future.
But it's our shared perspective and focus on people that really set us apart. We believe long-term financial success is rooted in hard work. Our common sense approach and commitment to build strong banking relationships help us create and offer solutions to meet the unique needs of each client.
Get to know us through our web site, or contact us directly to see how we can help with your financial services needs. You can view some testimonials about what our clients have to say about us on The Working Bank® website.
CWB is a member of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation.
CWB and its operating companies/divisions collectively offer services in the areas of banking, trust, insurance and wealth management, and are together known as Canadian Western Bank Group (CWB Group). Visit www.cwbankgroup.com for additional information.
Note: CWBdirect Advanced is now called CWBdirect® Business Online Banking. You will sitll enjoy all the same functionality, with a new look and feel. Please ensure you log in to the version of CWBdirect that you have signed up for. If your log in fails, please try the other one.
- March 7, 2014 – CWB announces election of directors
- March 6, 2014 – CWB Executive Vice President and CFO Tracey Ball to retire in September 2014
- March 6, 2014 – CWB reports record quarterly earnings and very strong loan growth
- January 27, 2014 – Change to Personal and Business Banking Charges effective April 1, 2014.
- December 20, 2013 – Canadian Western Bank contributes nearly $250,000 to local youth mentorship programs through The Greater Interest GIC®
- December 4, 2013 – CWB reports record earnings for the fourth quarter and fiscal 2013
- November 21, 2013 – CWB makes list of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures™
- November 7, 2013 – CWB named among the Best Employers in Canada for eight consecutive years
- October 22, 2013 – CWB’s new Yorkton branch to offer premiere service to both business and personal clients
- September 19, 2013 – Canadian Western Bank’s GIC offers investment with a social purpose
- August 28, 2013 – CWB reports solid financial performance led by strong loan growth
- July 3, 2013 – CWB Group announces endowment fund at YMCA of Northern Alberta in honour of recently retired CEO, Larry Pollock
- June 24, 2013 – CWB Group donates $50,000 to southern Alberta relief efforts
- June 6, 2013 – CWB Group donates $100,000 to children's hospitals in celebration of its 100th consecutive profitable quarter
- May 21, 2013 – CWB finalizes its investment in McLean & Partners Wealth Management Ltd.
- May 1, 2013 – Change to Personal and Business Banking Charges effective July 1, 2013
- April 23, 2013 – CWB to invest in wealth management firm, McLean & Partners
- January 10, 2013 – Canadian Western Bank invests in financial literacy of Manitoba's youth